Low-cost & quick material Pumpkin Tutorial.

A quick tutorial on how to make some pumpkins for all sorts of ideas. ( Decorating for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving) a party, everyday home decor, or what I'm using them for Wreath embellishments. 



*First, you'll need something round to trace on your material. I used a dollar tree trash basket. (what size pumpkin you want will be based on the size of item you've traced.)
Next get a larger sewing needle and thread it with a matching color thread. Larger needles have a bigger eye and Easier to use for this project. Then you'll want to do a running stitch around the outside perimeter of the circle about a 1/8 of an inch. Once that's done you'll want to pull on the thread with the needle on it just a bit to tighten it up (see 2nd and 3rd picture) what you want to stuff it with is up to you. I used pillow stuffing that I bought on sale at Joann's. Some other ideas you can use are newspaper, straw hay, styrofoam packing peanuts. Once you've stuffed the pumpkin you'll need to pull all the way tight and stitch one half closed. Leave a stem hole open and then stitch the other side closed. I've used sticks that fell off my tree as the pumpkin stems. I put one in the hole while I'm stitching the hole closed, it helps keep the stem in place. Then I use a bit of hot glue to further close it up and keep the stem in place and not to fall out. You can leave it like that, or you can add fake leaves if you want. A green or brown pipe cleaner, Deco mesh or tulle. (See pics for ideas.) I've also added black spider lace to the Halloween themed pumpkins. 
The ideas are endless. I hope you were able to follow along with this tutorial. It took me longer to type this up than it did to make some pumpkins. Lol!! 

My list of items for the tutorial
*Material
*Hot glue gun
*Stuffing
*Pencil or chalk
*Round item to trace
*Scissors
*Stem/stick
*Large needle
* Matching thread
*Pipe cleaner/ chenille stem


**Also, I bought the material shown at Joann's on sale as well. 
Unless you have material on hand and the other items like cotton stuffing, pipe cleaners etc. This is a very low-cost home decor project and an easy way to decorate or use the pumpkins in other ways, & reuse for many years to come. 
If you want to use them outside and don't want them to get moldy use a good water sealant or acrylic spray Mod Podge brand makes a good spray. (See pic above)

Have any questions leave me a comment. 

Have yourself a great and happy crafty day!














1-day trip to Miami (February 2023)

My overnight trip to Miami.   My hubby and I had to go to Miami a few days before we went on our 1st cruise  The passport office said his pi...