Shopkins themed tutu dress.

I have finally finished this Shopkins themed tutu dress. I have created this for a older girl. Depending on her size, it will fit from an 8 yr old to a 10/12 yr old. The proud owner of this dress will absolutely love it. This is a perfect dress for any Shopkins themed birthday party or just the love for Shopkins. The 12x10 crocheted tutu top is stretchable. It fits my daughter who is almost 9 and she wears size 12 (girls) shirts.
The fabric and trims are machine sewn and glued to a felt backing, sandwiched between the crocheted top. (Felt inside of top for comfort)
Measurements are: 12x10 stretchable crocheted top
Skirt lenght: approximately 28 inches long.
Satin ribbon shoulder straps that tie in the back of the dress, I've also wrapped where the tulle meets the top with satin ribbon to give comfort at the waist.

The bottom of the skirt was pretty tricky to complete, I machine sewn satin ribbon to the tulle. Then I thought it just didn't look complete. So I decided I would make some sparkle tulle trim myself. I took 1 of each 10 yards spools of turquoise and hot pink, layered them together and used my gathering foot to make the scrunched look. Then I machine sewn that to the top layer of the dress.
On the bottom layer of the dress I did the same process but with hot pink tulle & sparkle hot pink. So all together in used 40 yards of tulle making the trim for the bottom of the skirt.
This dress has taken me the longest to create. I have calculated approximately 30 hours to complete it. I worked on it a couple hours at a time. My hands can't handle much more than that. Having carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, we'll, sucks. Lol.
** Don't mind the plastic bag on my dress form. I've covered it so I don't get glue or anything else on it.**

Thanks for all who stopped by and taking a look.




1-day trip to Miami (February 2023)

My overnight trip to Miami.   My hubby and I had to go to Miami a few days before we went on our 1st cruise  The passport office said his pi...